Whether you are early on in your pregnancy and decision-making process, or you have put your plan into place, it is helpful to know what ongoing support is available after an adoption. There are many support organizations across the country that want to both empower and equip birth moms on their adoption journey. This is wonderful support that can fill many needs of birth moms. However, there are some support services that can only be provided by the placing agency.
There are many support organizations across the country that want to both empower and equip birth moms on their adoption journey.
Updates and Pictures
While most birth parents and adoptive parents have direct contact, New Life can also serve as the intermediary for updates and pictures between parties. For example, if an adoptive family and a birth mother want to exchange letters and pictures a few times a year, but personal mailing addresses or email addresses have not been shared, they can send these updates through our Post Adoption Department.
Ongoing Assistance with An Adoptive Relationship
Most of the placements that happen through New Life Adoptions have some level of openness. We believe that openness is valuable for all parties involved. We also acknowledge that there can be challenges in an openness relationship, similar to any other relationship. Our Post Adoption Department is available to provide ongoing support as you navigate openness – whether that is soon after the placement or years down the road.
Reconnecting After Losing Contact
Life gets busy, and sometimes birth parents and adoptive families lose contact. Our Post Adoption Department can help get you reconnected if this happens. We will reach out to the other party to see where they are at and how things are going. From there, we can help you reestablish an ongoing relationship.
Life gets busy, and sometimes birth parents and adoptive families lose contact.
Adoption Competent Therapy
We can talk through your situation and connect you with the services and resources that best fit your needs. However, our post adoption services are not a substitute for counseling or therapy. If adoption-related matters need to be managed by a professional therapist, we will help you find appropriate referrals.
Whether or not you need support at any stage of your adoption journey, we love to stay connected with all of the birth parents we work with. Keeping your information updated with us keeps you in the loop with what is going on at New Life as well as allowing us to contact you if needs arise.
Whether or not you need support at any stage of your adoption journey, we love to stay connected with all of the birth parents we work with.
- Sometimes an adoptive family reaches out to us if they can’t get ahold of you. We want to reconnect you quickly. Having your updated contact information helps us with this.
- We can provide you with resources that would be helpful to you on your journey.
- We send regular newsletters to keep you updated on adoption-related events and resources that may help you on your adoption journey.
- We have many opportunities for birth parents to share their story. If you are open to sharing your story, we can contact you as new opportunities arise.
- We love to hear updates about how you are doing! We care about each of our clients long after their adoption process with us is over. We want to hear about the joys and challenges you are facing so we can partner with you along the journey.
- We are continually expanding our post adoption services to better capture what birth parents are interested in. Hearing from you helps us know what direction to go in to meet your needs.
We look forward to serving you as you explore your post adoption needs!